As a team member, whether on a divisional, cross-functional or cross sectoral level, the incumbent shall carry out the following generic activities to achieve the results of the Division and the outcomes of Department:
– Programme Development:
– Develops and formulates technical cooperation projects/programmes in the area of innovation and digitalization in line with the guidelines and procedures governing the delivery of UNIDO services.
– Obtains internal approvals for each part of the project or programme as needed.
– Programme Implementation:
– Assumes responsibility for the provision of projects/programme implementation services ensuring that assigned inputs are delivered on time at the right level of quality and within the allocated budget.
– Prepares the necessary inputs (consultant job descriptions, terms of reference, training arrangements, equipment specifications, etc.), monitors progress in implementation, including missions to the project site, etc.
– Takes part in oversight meetings in the field and at headquarters and assists the Evaluation Group in its evaluations of projects/programmes.
– Funds Mobilization:
– Cooperates with other units in-house in mobilizing the funds necessary for project and programme implementation.
– Global Forum Function:
– Assists in the preparation for UNIDO’s global forum activities (conferences, seminars, expert group meetings, etc.) and in their running.
– Prepares technical papers or other inputs for external seminars, conferences, expert group meetings, etc.
– Prepares UNIDO publications and other information dissemination aids and tools.
– Keeps abreast of technical and economic developments in the areas of the Division’s mandate through close contacts with specialized institutions and industry representatives, following the technical press, market developments and trends.
– Performs other related duties and assignments as required by the Chief of the Division or Director of the Department.
WE LIVE AND ACT WITH INTEGRITY: work honestly, openly and impartially.
WE SHOW PROFESSIONALISM: work hard and competently in a committed and responsible manner.
WE RESPECT DIVERSITY: work together effectively, respectfully and inclusively, regardless of our differences in culture and perspective.
WE FOCUS ON PEOPLE: cooperate to fully reach our potential –and this is true for our colleagues as well as our clients. Emotional intelligence and receptiveness are vital parts of our UNIDO identity.
WE FOCUS ON RESULTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: focus on planning, organizing and managing our work effectively and efficiently. We are responsible and accountable for achieving our results and meeting our performance standards. This accountability does not end with our colleagues and supervisors, but we also owe it to those we serve and who have trusted us to contribute to a better, safer and healthier world.
WE COMMUNICATE AND EARN TRUST: communicate effectively with one another and build an environment of trust where we can all excel in our work.
WE THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX AND INNOVATE: To stay relevant, we continuously improve, support innovation, share our knowledge and skills, and learn from one another.