The Embassy and Permanent Mission of the Republic of Ghana in Vienna, Austria is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced individual to occupy the following position:
· Providing translation services both written and verbal (from English to German and vice versa) as required.
· Providing general administrative tasks such as filing and handling of official correspondence.
· Assisting the consular officers in processing applications for visas, passports, and other consular documents. Providing relevant information to clients of the Embassy and Permanent Mission.
· Handling telephone calls to the Embassy and Permanent Mission.
· Receiving guests to the Embassy and Permanent Mission.
· Liaising with service providers as required and managing their access.
· Receiving and distributing mails.
· Assisting with the planning and organisation of events (booking and setting up venues, coordinating guest lists, invitations, seating plans, running orders etc) and assisting with high-level visits, as required.
· Assisting with public relations events.
· Any other assignment from time to time.
· A minimum qualification of a diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognised institution.
· Proficiency in German language.
· Strong organisational skills and ability to undertake projects and administrative duties using computer-based systems such as Microsoft Office suite.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, to set priorities and organise workloads to meet deadlines. Ability to work under pressure, solve problems, be flexible and adapt to new tasks and situations as required.
· Ability to organise public activities and programmes, including managing complex events and paying close attention to detail.
· Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to cooperate well with colleagues and clients and to develop good working relationships. Ability to work well as a member of a team. Understand the importance of maintaining the integrity of a diplomatic mission.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience as either a bilingual secretary.
· Previous experience in an international working environment is an added advantage.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and German, including strong liaison, negotiation, and translation skills.
A. Conditions applicable to all positions
· Contract appointment of up to three (3) years, renewable based on performance.
· Competitive salary based on education and experience as well as the local staff salary structure of the Embassy and Permanent Mission.
B. Required Application Documents
Interest applicants are requested to submit the following documents:
· Application Letter (in English).
· Curriculum Vitae (in English).
· Copy of Biodata page of passport.
· A police clearance certificate.
· Copy of residence/work permit if applicant is neither an Austrian citizen nor an EEA national.
C. Mode of Application
Applications should be sent by post or email to:
Head of Mission
Embassy and Permanent Mission of the Republic of Ghana
(Ares Tower Top 11/1)
D. Selection Process
The underlisted selection process will be followed:
· All applications will be acknowledged via email
· All applications will be screened for appropriate documentation
· Applicants will be shortlisted and invited for interviews
· Successful applicants will be offered appointment.
· Only applicants with the right to employment in Austria may apply.
· All appointments will be subject to a process of reference checking, qualification verification and other checks.
· Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Deadline for submission of applications is 31st August, 2021.