Invest In Agriculture & Agro-Processing
The agricultural sector in Ghana is pivotal to economic growth and an important contributor to various sectors of the economy. The sector is very instrumental in Ghana’s export earnings and serves as a major source of input for manufacturing and processing companies in Ghana. Ghana’s agricultural sector is divided into four main subsectors namely crops, livestock, fisheries, and forestry. The country’s agricultural sector stands out in West Africa, as the country is ranked first ahead of its competitors, Nigeria and Cote D’Ivoire, third in Sub-Saharan Africa, and 59th globally in the Global Food Security Index (GFSI) 2019.
Investment opportunities include:
- Production of agricultural inputs such as improved seeds and agrochemicals including fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides.
- Establishment of large-scale processing facilities for the processing of fruits, vegetables, cash crops, industrial crops, food crops, fish and meat.
- Production of leathers from ostrich skin and cow hides
- Production of dairy products
- Establishment of commercial packaging facilities for handling of fruit and vegetables
Technological and Supporting Service
- Establishment of tractor assembly plants and fabrication and manufacturing of simple replacement parts for agriculture machinery
- Manufacturing and supply of agricultural equipment such as irrigation, fishing, hatcheries facilities and laboratory equipment for quality assurance.
- Provision of post-production services (transport, packaging, storage facilities and cold vans)
- Establishment of greenhouse villages comprising training centres with commercial production units